10 The Good The Bad and The Ugly Commonly Asked Questions
Ten Commonly Asked Questions About The Good The Bad And The Ugly
Here are some common questions we get asked about the great Sergio Leone/Clint Eastwood western movie Il buono, il brutto, il cattivo.
- What is a Spaghetti Western? – A Spaghetti Western is a term given to old American Western films that were directed/made by European Directors/Studios predominantly Italians. Many of them were also filmed in parts of Italy and Spain as these areas were quite similar to the Southwestern region of the United States known as the frontier. This particular film was made in the Andalucia area of Spain.
- Who wrote the famous whistling tune? – The famous the good the bad and the ugly theme song which can be heard here was composed by infamous Italian composer Ennio Morricone who was also responsible for the scores on other classics such as Once Upon A Time in The West and The Untouchables.
- What is Clint Eastwood’s characters name? – Commonly referred to as ‘The Man With No Name’ there has being much debate as to what his characters real name is. The answer is Monco. We hear in the main theme song the lyrics ‘Go, Go, Go Monco’ which is a reference to the main character. However in the first film A Fistful of Dollars he is referred to as Joe and then as ‘Blondie’ by Tuco in The Good The Bad & The Ugly. It is not unlikely that his real name is Joe ‘Blondie’ Monco which would translate in Italian to ‘one handed’ and could well be a reference to his infamous shooting style.
- Where can I buy Clint Eastwood’s costume? – Quality replicas of the infamous poncho and hat worn by The Man With No Name can be purchased online at our store.
- What gun does the Man With No Name use? – The revolver used by Clint Eastwood’s character is a modified 1851 Navy Colt.
- What kind of hat does the Man With No Name wear? – The leather cowboy hat that Clint Eastwood’s character wears in The Good The Bad & The Ugly is a custom fedora hat made out of brown leather with a hand-crafted leather band around it. The brim has much more character than it does in the previous two films however it is believed to be the same hat. A replica of Clint Eastwood’s hat can be purchased directly online here.
- What type font is used on the artwork of The Good The Bad and The Ugly? – The type font used is a truetype font and can be downloaded online here.
- How did Clint Eastwood meet Director Sergio Leone? – In May 1964 in Rome after seeing Clint Eastwood, a relatively unknown actor at the time in Rawhide, Sergio Leone met up with Clint Eastwood and famously remarked “Clint arrived, dressed with exactly the same bad taste as American students. I didn’t care. It was his face and his way of walking that I was interested in”.
- What kind of cigars does “Blondie” smoke? – Although not a smoker, Clint Eastwood’s cigars were custom made black cigars from a shop in Beverley Hills and Sergio Leone insisted that Eastwood’s character smokes as to create more of a ‘mask’ than an actor.
- What films did Sergio Leone make after the spaghetti western trilogy? – Sergio Leone made a multitude of movies, however was most famous for his 1984 epic ‘Once Upon a Time in America’ starring James Woods and Robert De Niro.